Abdominoplasty or Tummy tuck involves the removal of excessive skin and fat from the abdominal wall by tightening the connective tissue (fascia) with sutures. This will give a toned look. The belly button shape and position will also be adjusted if required to give a youthful appearance.
Who can get it done, and when?
If you have lax abdominal skin and want to boost your body image, consider abdominoplasty.
It is recommended :
- Post pregnancy
- Post significant weight loss
- Men or women with Natural body type with obese abdominal wall
- Along with liposuction procedures to get more toned, tight skin.
Who should not consider it??
- Women planning for pregnancy
- Those who are planning to lose weight- tummy tuck is best done after the weight loss process
- BMI > 30
- Other severe comorbidities
Our surgeon will take a detailed medical history and evaluate it to determine your treatment options and will discuss the treatment process
- If any tests are required, the doctor will suggest basic blood tests, ECG, and Chest x-ray for surgery under GA(general anaesthesia)
- If any associated hernia or muscle weakness is suspected, an MRI abdomen will be needed for evaluation.
Precautions before the procedure:
- Quit smoking as it affects wound healing.
- Stop alcohol consumption.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. I.e. In general, to have a tummy tuck procedure done, you should have a stable weight for at least a few months.
- If you’re severely overweight, your doctor will recommend you to lose weight before the procedure. Significant weight loss after the procedure can affect your results
- Keep some loose, comfortable clothing ready to use
To determine you are the right candidate for this procedure, your surgeon will examine your abdomen . The surgeon may take some pictures of your abdomen for the pre post and medical record purpose.
- The procedure will be done under general anesthesia. The surgery usually takes 3- 4 hours.
- You will be required to stay overnight at the hospital for observation
- The incision will be on the bikini line extending between hip bones. There will be an incision around the belly button too.
- Sutures will be removed after two weeks.
Immediately after the surgery
- You will have pain for around 7 to 10 days post-surgery. Pain is well controlled with analgesics and rest.
- Slight bending forward in an upright position for one week helps to reduce tightness and increases comfort.
- Dressing changes are mandatory once in 3-5 days for two weeks. All sutures are absorbable and need not be removed.
- You may feel soreness, bruising, and swelling in the operated area for 5-6 days.
- You will be advised to have plenty of fluids to improve hydration.
- Move around within your house’s confines to avoid blood clots forming in your legs.
Full recovery timeline
- Once the suture line is dry, you may be advised to start scar improvement treatments through scar reduction creams and moisturizers.
- Avoid exercises like sitting on the floor, climbing stairs, lifting weights, gym, back stretching, sexual activity, or contact sport for 6-8 weeks.
- An abdominal supportive garment must be worn 24/7 for 4-6 weeks.
- You may be advised to follow lymphatic massages to improve the contours and reduce the swelling and pain for 6-8 weeks.
- You may be advised to rest for three weeks and return to work after 3-4 weeks.
Side effects of a tummy tuck:
- Very rare in our experienced hands because of the sound surgical principle of preservation of lymphatic structures.
- They are temporary and improve over 2-3 weeks with massages.
- They may occur in obese patients, smokers, and patients who have restarted activities too early. They are usually managed by regular dressings and rarely require resuturing.
- The scar is hidden in the underwear line; the healing and quality of the scar depend upon the extent of surgery and the patient’s genetics. The scar may be improved by following a strict scar management protocol.
- Fat and pulmonary embolism are rare but significant risks, as in any prolonged surgery.
- Repositioning of abdominal skin can cause changes in the sensation of the abdominal wall, causing numbness or tingling occasionally.
Discuss the expectations of the procedure:
- Discuss your expectations, what you hope to change with this procedure, and the appearance. Understand the risk factors, post-care instructions, and recovery period.
- With excess skin removal, fat, and tightening of the abdominal wall, one can expect a more toned and slimmer appearance with a tummy tuck procedure. Get your desired tummy shape with a tummy tuck procedure with the best and board-certified surgeons at Evoluer Aesthetics and Plastic surgery with utmost care and experience.
- The cost of a tummy tuck procedure, also known as abdominoplasty, in India can vary depending on several factors such as the type of procedure, the surgeon’s experience, the location of the clinic, and the extent of the surgery required.
- In general, the cost of a tummy tuck procedure in India can range from approximately INR 100,000 to INR 300,000 or more, depending on the factors mentioned above. The cost may also include fees for the surgeon, anesthesia, facility fees, and any necessary follow-up care.
- It is important to note that the cost of the procedure can vary widely depending on the individual’s specific needs and the complexity of the procedure required. Additionally, the cost should not be the only factor considered when selecting a surgeon or clinic, as the experience and qualifications of the surgeon are also important factors in achieving a successful outcome.
- It is recommended to consult with several board-certified plastic surgeons in India to compare costs and determine the best course of action for your specific needs and budget. Your surgeon can also provide you with a personalized treatment plan and estimate the cost of the procedure based on your specific needs.
- In India, insurance coverage for a tummy tuck procedure, also known as abdominoplasty, can vary depending on several factors such as the type of insurance plan, the reason for the procedure, and the individual’s medical history.
- In general, tummy tucks are considered cosmetic procedures, which means that they are typically not covered by insurance. However, if the procedure is deemed medically necessary due to a medical condition such as an abdominal hernia, some insurance plans may cover a portion of the cost.
- It is important to check with your insurance provider to determine the specifics of your coverage for a tummy tuck procedure, as each insurance plan has different guidelines and requirements. Your plastic surgeon may also be able to provide you with guidance on insurance coverage for the procedure and can work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that fits your needs and budget.
- A tummy tuck procedure, also known as abdominoplasty, While a tummy tuck can provide long-lasting results, it is still possible for fat to accumulate in the treated area if proper post-operative care is not followed.
- After a tummy tuck, it is important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen to prevent weight gain, as this can cause new fat cells to accumulate in the abdominal area. In some cases, weight gain can cause the remaining fat cells in the treated area to increase in size, which can lead to a loss of definition and contour in the treated area.
- However, it is important to note that a tummy tuck permanently removes excess skin and fat cells from the abdominal area, so the amount of fat that can accumulate in the treated area after the procedure is generally limited. Additionally, the results of a tummy tuck can be long-lasting if proper post-operative care is followed.
- It is important to discuss the potential for fat to grow back after a tummy tuck with your plastic surgeon during your consultation, as well as any personalized recommendations they may have for maintaining the results of the procedure.
The results of a tummy tuck procedure, also known as abdominoplasty, can be long-lasting if proper post-operative care is followed. However, the exact duration of the results can vary from person to person depending on several factors such as their age, weight, and overall health.
Generally, a tummy tuck can provide long-lasting results, particularly if the individual maintains a healthy diet and exercise regimen after the procedure. However, it is important to note that the results of a tummy tuck are not permanent and can be affected by factors such as weight gain, pregnancy, and the natural aging process.
To maximize the longevity of the results of a tummy tuck, individuals should maintain a stable weight through a healthy lifestyle, including a balanced diet and regular exercise. It is also recommended that women wait until they have completed their childbearing years before undergoing a tummy tuck, as pregnancy can reverse the effects of the procedure.
It is important to discuss the expected duration of the results of a tummy tuck with your plastic surgeon during your consultation, as well as any potential factors that may affect the longevity of the results. Your surgeon can also provide you with personalized recommendations on how to maintain the results of your tummy tuck for as long as possible.
The length of time the procedure takes will depend on the extent of the surgery, such as the amount of skin and fat that needs to be removed and the degree of muscle tightening required. In some cases, liposuction may also be performed during the tummy tuck procedure, which can add to the overall length of the surgery. (2-5 hours )
It is important to note that while the surgery itself may take several hours,the time required for recovery and healing is typically longer. After the procedure, patients will need to rest and avoid strenuous activity for several weeks to allow the incisions to heal and the body to recover fully. Your surgeon will provide you with detailed instructions on how to care for yourself during the recovery period to ensure the best possible outcome from the procedure.
- Yes, men can certainly get tummy tuck procedures done. Tummy tucks, also known as abdominoplasty, are not gender-specific and can be performed on both men and women who are good candidates for the procedure.
- Men may choose to undergo a tummy tuck for a variety of reasons. For example, some men may have excess abdominal skin and fat due to significant weight loss, while others may have a protruding abdomen due to weakened abdominal muscles caused by aging, genetics, or other factors.
- The procedure for a male tummy tuck is generally similar to that for a female tummy tuck, although the surgical techniques used may vary depending on the individual’s anatomy and goals. During the procedure, the surgeon will remove excess skin and fat from the abdominal area and tighten the abdominal muscles to create a flatter, more toned appearance.
- As with any surgical procedure, it is important for men considering a tummy tuck to undergo a thorough consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon to determine if they are good candidates for the procedure and to discuss the potential risks and benefits.
Yes, men can certainly get tummy tuck procedures done. Tummy tucks, also known as abdominoplasty, are not gender-specific and can be performed on both men and women who are good candidates for the procedure.
Men may choose to undergo a tummy tuck for a variety of reasons. For example, some men may have excess abdominal skin and fat due to significant weight loss, while others may have a protruding abdomen due to weakened abdominal muscles caused by aging, genetics, or other factors.
The procedure for a male tummy tuck is generally similar to that for a female tummy tuck, although the surgical techniques used may vary depending on the individual’s anatomy and goals. During the procedure, the surgeon will remove excess skin and fat from the abdominal area and tighten the abdominal muscles to create a flatter, more toned appearance.
As with any surgical procedure, it is important for men considering a tummy tuck to undergo a thorough consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon to determine if they are good candidates for the procedure and to discuss the potential risks and benefits.
As with any surgical procedure, a tummy tuck carries some risks and potential long-term side effects. Some of the possible long-term side effects of a tummy tuck may include:
- Scarring: A tummy tuck involves making incisions on the abdomen, which can result in noticeable scars. While the scars will fade over time, they may never completely disappear.
- Numbness: It is common to experience numbness in the abdominal area following a tummy tuck. In some cases, the numbness may be permanent.
- Change in sensation: Some individuals may experience a change in sensation, such as itching or tingling, in the abdominal area following a tummy tuck.
- Difficulty with movement: Following a tummy tuck, some individuals may experience difficulty with movement or mobility due to the tightening of the abdominal muscles.
- Complications from anesthesia: As with any surgical procedure, there is a risk of complications related to anesthesia, such as an allergic reaction or respiratory issues.
- Seroma: This is a condition where fluid accumulates under the skin in the abdominal area. This can occur after a tummy tuck and may require additional treatment.
It is important to discuss the potential risks and side effects of a tummy tuck with a qualified plastic surgeon prior to the procedure. By following post-operative instructions and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, many individuals can minimize the risk of long-term side effects and enjoy a successful outcome from their tummy tuck.
No, a tummy tuck is not a weight loss procedure.While a tummy tuck can help to improve the appearance of the abdomen, it is not intended as a weight loss procedure. It is important to note that a tummy tuck is not a substitute for a healthy diet and exercise routine, which are the most effective ways to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
To give you the glow you deserve
To exfoliate & hydrate your skin
To give you the clear skin you’ve always wanted
To reverse your ageing process
To smoothen your skin that looks & feels good as well
To revive your hair’s natural texture & growth