- Many individuals find dimples to be charming and endearing facial features that can enhance one’s appearance. Dimples are not a blessing that everyone is born with, though. Fortunately, a quick and secure procedure known as “dimple creation” can be used to add dimples with the aid of modern cosmetic surgery.
- During the dimple creation cosmetic surgery, small indentations are made on the cheeks or chin. In as little as 30 minutes, local anesthesia can complete the rapid and largely painless treatment. Following the procedure, patients can enjoy permanent dimples that give their facial features a distinctive and alluring feature.
- Suppose you want to create dimples to improve your appearance. In that case, it is important to consult a qualified plastic surgeon who can advise you on surgery’s benefits, risks, and possible consequences. , dimples can be a safe and effective way to achieve your desired look.
Benefits of dimple creation :
- Dimples can improve your overall facial appearance by adding unique and attractive features. Dimples are considered a symbol of youthfulness and can make the face look more attractive.
- Adding dimples can make a lot of people feel confident. This is especially true for those who have admired this feature but weren’t born with it.
- Unlike other cosmetic procedures that require frequent maintenance, dimple creation results are permanent, and patients can enjoy new dimples for the rest of their lives.
- Dimple formation is a minimally invasive procedure requiring only local anesthesia. Patients usually have minimal pain, swelling, and bruising and can return to their daily activities within a few days
- Dimple revision is a safe and effective cosmetic surgery performed by a qualified plastic surgeon.
How is the procedure done :
- The first stage in the method is to make a mark on the cheeks or chin where the dimples are. The surgeon would frequently ask the patient to grin or create a specific facial expression to identify the ideal placement for the dimples.
- The surgeon will subsequently administer anesthesia to numb the area where the incisions will be performed.
- Depending on the placement of the dimples, the surgeon will create a small incision on the inside of the cheek or the outside of the cheek or chin. A small amount of muscle and fat will be removed through the incisions to generate the dimples.
- Once the dimples are formed, the incisions will be closed with dissolvable sutures by the surgeon.
- The surgeon will wrap a bandage around the incisions to protect them and promote healing. ( if its a skin incision )
- The patient will be instructed to care for the incision sites and manage any pain or swelling after the procedure. The surgeon will schedule a follow-up session to check the healing process and, if required, remove the sutures.
- It is important to note that the particular steps of the dimple creation method may change depending on the person’s case and the surgeon’s approach. Also, there may be a few varieties within the recuperation preparation and the swelling and bruising experienced.
- Dimple formation is usually done under local anesthesia, and this means you are awake during the procedure but do not feel pain because the area around the incision is numb. The use of local anesthesia is preferred because it is less risky and allows patients to go home soon after surgery.
- However, in some cases, surgeons also use general anesthesia. This is especially true if the patient is particularly anxious or has a medical condition for which local anesthesia is inappropriate. General anesthesia puts the patient to sleep during the procedure.
- The surgeon and anesthesiologist determine the type of anesthesia based on the patient’s medical history, current health status, and procedure details. Before surgery, patients must discuss their anesthesia concerns with their surgeon.
What to do after the procedure :
Following the dimple creation procedure, it is important to carefully follow the surgeon’s instructions to ensure proper healing and minimize the risk of complications. Common steps after the procedure are:
Rest as much as possible during the first 24 to 48 hours after the procedure to allow your body to recover.
- Take your pain relievers as prescribed by your surgeon.
- For the first few days, apply an ice pack to the treatment area for 20 minutes daily to reduce swelling.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol for at least 48 hours after surgery. It can slow the healing process and increase the risk of complications. Soft food:
- Stick to soft foods for the first few days after the procedure to avoid irritation at the incision site.
- Practice good oral hygiene by brushing gently and rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash after meals.
- Attend all follow-up appointments with your surgeon to monitor the healing process and remove sutures as needed.
- It is important to follow these instructions carefully and contact your surgeon if you notice signs of infection, excessive bleeding, or other unusual symptoms.
Risk associated :
As with any surgical procedure, dimple creation has risks and potential complications. It is important for anyone considering this procedure to understand these risks before making a decision. Some of the potential risks associated with dimple formation are:
- Infection is a risk associated with any surgical procedure, and Surgeons prescribe antibiotics to prevent infection. To minimize this risk, it is important to follow postoperative care instructions.
- Although the incision in the dimple creation procedure is small, there is still a risk of scarring. However, this risk can be minimized with proper care during the healing process.
- There is a small risk that the dimples created could be more perfectly symmetrical and exactly where you want them. In some cases, additional steps may be required to correct the asymmetry.
- The facial nerve may be near the incision site and has a small risk of nerve injury during surgery. However, this risk is extremely rare.
- Dimploplasty results may be different from expected or desired. Having realistic expectations and discussing your concerns with your surgeon before surgery is important.
Notably, the risks associated with dimple formation are relatively small, and most people experience few complications. The surgeon should discuss these risks before surgery and minimize risks during surgery. We will take measures to keep it to a minimum.
The recovery time for dimple creation is relatively short, and most patients can resume normal activities within a few days of the procedure. However, following your surgeon’s post-operative care instructions is important to ensure proper healing and minimize the risk of complications.
What are the other procedures that can accentuate beauty, like dimple creation?
- Dimples can be done as a standalone procedure and combined with other cosmetic procedures for more comprehensive results. Some other steps that can be combined with dimples to enhance facial features are:
Rhinoplasty, or nose reshaping surgery, improves the nose’s appearance and helps create a more harmonious facial balance with new dimples.
- Cheek augmentation with dermal fillers or implants can create more defined and contoured cheeks that can complement the appearance of drunkenness.
Jaw augmentation with implants or fillers helps create a more defined and balanced chin that can balance facial features and improve the face’s overall appearance.
Lip augmentation with Dermal fillers can improve lip volume and shape, complement the appearance of dimples, and create a more balanced and attractive facial profile.
Face fillers are hyaluronic acid which is put inside the face to get your look and build back the volume lost and give a rejuvenated look for under eyes, face, cheek, jaw, lips.
It is important to discuss your desired results and options with your surgeon to determine the best combination of procedures to achieve your desired results.
Dimple creation surgery will help get the cute dimples and add to the overall facial features for a beautiful-looking face. At Evoluer Aesthetics, we have board-certified doctors and experts in the field of plastic & cosmetic surgeries with more successful and happy patients.
We will help you with all your queries and concerns and give you the best possible solution and treatments. Be confident, and give a bright, radiant, and cute smile. Book your appointment today.
To give you the glow you deserve
To exfoliate & hydrate your skin
To give you the clear skin you’ve always wanted
To reverse your ageing process
To smoothen your skin that looks & feels good as well
To revive your hair’s natural texture & growth